Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Sunday Sermon, April 17 -- Hearing the Voice of the Shepherd, and the Call to Celibacy

Sermon for the 4th Sunday of Easter - April 17, 2016 -- Given by Father Ryan Erlenbush at Corpus Christi Parish, Great Falls, Montana.

"My sheep hear my voice, I know them and they follow me."

A note prior to the sermon discusses the recent Exhortation written by Pope Francis (what the Pope himself actually says is important to focus on, rather than what the media focuses on).

Sermon: Hearing the voice of Jesus in my heart requires hearing his voice in the magisterium of the Church, following his voice by living a moral life, and listening for his voice in daily prayer. We then consider the call to the priesthood and the religious life, specifically the vocation to celibacy which is the happiest life this side of heaven.




Listen online [here]!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Father,
I heard homilies regarding "the Voice" of the Good Shepherd from several Priests on several occasions. At first, it always sounds to me like soothing and assuring to know that there is the Voice of the Shepherd that we can recognize. But then I think again, actually it's not as simple as that. How do I know if it's really the Voice or which one is the Voice, especially if there are different opinions from different Church leaders on the same teaching, for example. At the end, I am not really sure any more.

Agatha Stevania

Unknown said...

Dear Father,
I heard homilies regarding "The Voice of the Shepherd from several Priests on several occasions. At first, it always feels to me like soothing and assuring that we can recognize the "Voice" of our Shepherd. But then I think again, it's actually not as simple as that. How could we know that is the true Voice or which one is it, if there are different opinions from different Church leaders on the same teaching, for example? At the end, I think I am not as sure any more.

Agatha Stevania

Post a Comment

When commenting, please leave a name or pseudonym at the end of your comment so as to facilitate communication and responses.

Comments must be approved by the moderator before being published.